Monday 4 August 2014

Liebster Blog Award!

Hellooo guys!

How are you all?! I know I 've been M.I.A for the past two weeks, I apologise. I was away on vacation with the fam in London! I was unable to post and interact fully on the blogs due to inadequate Wi-Fi connection where I was staying smh and also because I was enjoying too much hehe. Anyhoo, I'm back and excited to get back to the blogosphere.

While I was away, my lovely friend Jenny nominated me for the Liebster Blog Award! Thank you!
I've seen the Liebster Award on a few blogs but never really paid attention to it. From what I gathered on Google, it's sort of like a chain passed around in the blogging community to bloggers with fewer than 200 followers, to learn more about them and also a way of discovering new blogs.

The rules of the game
1. Thank the blog that nominated you and link them.
2. Post 11 facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions provided by the person who nominated you and create another 11 question set for your nominees.
4. Choose people to nominate and link them in the post.
5. Let your nominees know they've been tagged - no tag-backs.
6. Nominate blogs under 200 followers.

Sounds fun, lets get started!

11 facts about ME
  1. I am Nigerian - Igbo to be exact.
  2. My full Igbo name is Chiamaka.
  3. I am a Christian.
  4. My birthday is in March.
  5. My favourite season is summer! (The sun does wonders for my skin).
  6. My favourite Nigerian food is yam - boiled yam, roasted yam, yam & egg, fried yam, yam & red oil, yam porridge....dang, I;m hungry for some yam now lol. 
  7. I have natural hair - relaxer-free since January 2013.
  8. I love reading (currently reading I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou). 
  9. I'm not a big fan of movies (especially if they take too long...I just fall asleep). 
  10. I want to take up boxing as a hobby.
  11. My favourite social media platform at the moment is Instagram (follow me @preciousamaka)
Questions I was nominated to answer

If you had to change one thing about blogging what would it be?
Nothing, I'm loving it at the moment. 

What makes a good blog post? 
One that is pretty straight to the point and also when the blogger isn't being pretentious in their post. A little bit of humour is also entertaining :)

If you could eat one thing forever without gaining a pound, what would it be?
Cake. I have a weakness for cake.

Do you have a style icon?
Hmm, not really. I pretty much wear what I feel comfortable in and what makes me look good. 

What super power do you wish you had + why? 
Ooooh, I would love to be able to see into the future, just to be able to see what my life turns out to be like.

What was the most recent thing that made you happy?
Spending time with my family and relatives in London, just having banter. I love memories like those.

Mention sports you'd like to try? 
Like I said earlier, boxing! Surfing, race-car driving, sailing all seem like good fun too haha.

What would you change about society?
The fact that society can be self-obsessed and materialistic. Everywhere there are ads selling us the latest gadgets, promoting unrealistic body images to aspire to, etc without telling us to appreciate and be content with what we have.

Three things that you are thankful for?
I am thankful for being alive, my family & friends and for the achievements I've made so far as a person.

A book/movie/tv-show that made you question life?
I would say Ben Carson book/movie - Gifted Hands. This didn't really make me question life but rather inspired me.

One thing you'd like to do before you get old? 
I would love to be able to set up a foundation of some sort to help a particular cause.

Now I nominate:
ID from http://iolatunji.blogspot.ie/
Yemisi from http://yems-smoothies.blogspot.ie/

My questions for you guys are:
  1. Why did you start blogging?
  2. Who are your favourite bloggers?
  3. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
  4. What do you notice first when you look at a person?
  5. Name a book/movie/tv-show that inspired you.
  6. If you could, what advice would you give to your younger self?
  7. What is your most favourite thing in the world to do?
  8. Name your favourite singer/actor/celebrity/public figure.
  9. What was your favourite childhood cartoon/tv-show?
  10. What calms you down if you are upset/angry?
  11. Summer or Winter? Why?
Get crackin' girls!

4 comments:

  1. Hehe loved this post! Thanks for participating hun :) Loved the facts :P

    Jennos Health.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the award, i guess we are almost name sakes ( If you take out the ''chi'' though) and add mine that's my full name ....lol. It was nice to read your post and get to know the face behind the blog. Great post

    StyleandBeautyLounge

    Oh by the way if you would like to follow each other on GFC (google friends connect) my link is above , i always follow back. Thanks

    ......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Uzo!
      Going to check out your blog now :)

      Delete